Tuesday, December 12, 2006

So anyway, this is me

Well most of my friends from Laramie are blogging on this site now so I decided to give it a shot. Marcy I will let you know how it goes! I decided to name my blog "Adventures in single motherhood" in the hopes that I can help someone out there in my position and get advice in return. Also I think I am one of the only Alpha Nu's who have kids so this will either act as a preparation to those who want to have kids or a good reason for birth control for those who don't.

Okay so a little about me. My beloved husband of seven years was killed in a motorcycle accident about a month ago leaving me with two kids. Bryan was and will always be the love of my life and I miss him every day and more so at night. Our two children are so young that I fear they won't have any memories of their wonderful dad. Shannyn is 3 years old and asks almost everyday where daddy is. I try to tell her that he is in heaven but she still doesn't understand. My son, Leodell is only 9 months old and I doubt that he will remember anything. I will be looking to my brothers and friends and family to help me teach our kids about their father and the great, fun-loving, caring, compassionate, and so many other adjectives their father was.

Right now we are getting over the flu. Shannyn was sick all day Saturday and I caught it Sunday night into yesterday. Leo seemed to be okay until yesterday afternoon and was up and down all night. I hope he gets better today. Luckily my mom and dad stayed with me Sunday night and all day yesterday to help me with the kids. I can handle sick kids but not when I am sick too.

Well I guess that is all for now. I will try to keep this up to date as best I can but as you can tell, my life has become even more hectic over the past few weeks. I will also post pictures when I get a chance. I hear Leo waking up from a nap.

4 comments:

Sarah G said...

Sara, this is a great idea. It will be a great way to post your thoughts and pictures of the kids. We are here for you if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

YAYAY!!!!! this is great!!! this is caleb, and as you will soon learn I am very addicted to blogging... its good stuff. and yes, we want to hear you and life and everything!!

Love you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Sara I think this is a very good idea.

Your Green River baby siter