Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Anniversary greetings

Well today is Bryan and my 8th anniversary. Today went pretty well. I was a little apprehensive about it, but I didn't have any major meltdowns. I did have a couple of family members call and send cards to see how I was doing and let me know that they were thinking of me. I didn't really want a big fuss over today because I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that everyone is thinking of me and keeping us in their prayers, but I really don't want the pity. I very rarely feel sorry for myself anymore. I have come to accept that this card was dealt to me and my family and that's just the way it is. There are a lot more people out there that have it much worse than I do.

I had the most selfless person I know take care of me today. My best friend Becky took us to the zoo and then she found a babysitter for me and she and her husband, James, took me out to dinner at Outback. It was one of Bryan's favorite places to go out and eat. As the waitress was bringing our dessert out, I saw a man behind her carrying a huge bouquet of red roses. I thought "Oh how sweet, someone is getting flowers!" Little did I know that the roses were for me! They got me a beautiful arrangement of 2 dozen red roses and this small white flower that looked like lace. Becky signed the card like it was from Bryan and told me that ever since he died, she had the feeling that he wanted to give me flowers on our anniversary. I can't believe the great friends I have been blessed with.

I have Bryan's picture from our wedding up by the computer and I swear his expression changes when I need him to understand me or make me laugh. Right now he is smiling that smile that says "I didn't get you anything, I don't know what you're talking about!" Well Bry, you did get me something and you can't deny it anymore. You made sure that my friends remembered us on our anniversary and the happiness we shared and not that I was alone.

No comments: