Sunday, July 13, 2008

for those of you....

...who thought I fell off the face of the earth....I didn't.

I can't believe I haven't updated this in almost a year. I honestly don't know why! But since my mom and dad have added a link to my blog on their blog (that I know the family reads) I figured a quick update is the least I could do.

So let's see...where to begin......

I don't even remember what I did toward the end of last year, except for the noisy Christmas spent at Mom and Dad's place in Tucson (you can read all about that on their blog) but since then, I have been quite busy.

In January, I started back into school by taking a CNA (certified nurses aide) course. It was five weeks of class time and one week of clinicals in a nursing home. I'm glad I got a scholarship to pay for it all because I realized that I really don't want to be a CNA. It's hard and very rewarding work and I admire those that do it but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

So about halfway through CNA school, my friend Jennifer told me about a massage therapy school that had a session starting in February. I thought that sounded interesting and said to myself, "sure why not?" So I am happy to say that I am halfway through the year long 1000 hour course and loving every minute of it. This school has opened my eyes up to all kinds of possibilities of careers. I'm thinking about taking advanced classes to become a doula (kind of a midwife) and I definitely want to learn reiki (an Oriental type of therapy that involves energy transfer). I can't wait to work on Mom and Dad when they get back up here to show them all I am learning. I really feel like I am helping people and that I definitely have a knack for this.

The kids are doing great. Getting bigger all the time. Leo is 2 and has started to really get into the whole potty training thing although I have to admit, I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to training him. I just don't have the same equipment, you know? Shannyn is 5 and is so excited to be starting kindergarten this August. I can't believe she's going to school already. I miss my baby but she is growing into such a great girl. I'm looking forward to it though, and I know I am going to cry on that first day.

Well that is a very quick summary of what we've been up to for the last year. I know I've said this before, but I will try to keep this updated as best as I can. And if you don't hear from me for a while, don't worry, I'm still here!

No comments: