Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I know I'm a couple of days late but I was out of town. We had a great Thanksgiving. We went to Green River for the holiday and spent a lot of time with the Wyoming family. On Saturday, we went over to Evanston and had a big shindig with the extended family. The kids got to play with their cousins that they haven't seen in quite a while and the adults got to catch up too. It was a really fun long weekend but it's good to be home.

I decided some time this weekend that I was going to post a kind of top ten list of the things I'm grateful for this year. It's just a small portion but I thought it would be good to share it with others. So without further ado.....here it goes!

#10-I'm grateful for the opportunity to go to school and learn. I know in some countries, women aren't allowed to go to school and I'm glad I live here and not there.

#9-I'm not much of a walker or public transportation kind of person so I'm grateful I have a nice car to drive and that it gets us safely from point A to point B

#8-I'm grateful for the house we live in. Sure it's messy most of the time, but it's still home.

#7-I'm grateful for my pets. They're my furry kids and I love them!

#6-I'm grateful that we are able to make ends meet. We have nice clothes to wear and good food on our table and enough left over to have some fun on occasion.

#5-I am so thankful for the ward family we've been blessed with. They are always looking out for my family and making sure we are taken care of.

#4-I'm thankful that I am healthy and able to work and do the things I like to do.

#3-I'm grateful for my friends and family. I don't know where I'd be without their unconditional love and support.

#2-I'm grateful for my kids. They mean the world to me. I'm grateful that they are healthy and smart and strong. I feel so lucky that they were sent to me to love and raise. They keep me going and teach me to pay more attention to the little things in life.

#1-I'm grateful for Jesus Christ and my faith. I know that I wouldn't be here without His love and that He is helping me through every day in everything I do. I'm grateful for this life that He has given me. I'm grateful for my knowledge of who I am and where I am headed.

God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

No comments: