Sunday, October 5, 2008

First concert of the season


The Greeley Chamber Orchestra had our first concert of the 2008-2009 season on Friday. We played quite a variety of pieces and featured the oboe professor from UNC as our soloist. She was fantastic!!! The concert was great and I got a lot of compliments on my playing. I feel like my confidence has returned in force after a 2 year hiatus. I love my new bassoon and am really enjoying playing it.


My mom and dad are still in Colorado and were able to come to my concert. It's the first one they've been to since February 2007! I was so excited that they were there. I felt like I finally had someone there rooting just for me! We brought the kids and they loved the music too. Leo was "conducting" for us and I think Shannyn was just relaxed. She actually fell asleep right at the end!


The GCO's next concert is the weekend before Thanksgiving so I have a few weeks off from rehearsals but I already have my music for the next concert. We are playing a Hayden mass and probably a couple other pieces. The season is off to a great start and I am looking forward to 4 more fantastic concerts!

1 comment:

James said...

Woo hoo concerts! When you have an exact date for the next one send it our way eh?