Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!!

Hey everyone out there in cyber world! I hope that everyone has a safe and fun Halloween! We had fun tonight after a scare with Shannyn. She ate a peanut butter cup at school today and ended up throwing up. She has had mild reactions to nuts in the past; she says her tongue is burning and sometimes gets bumps around her mouth. Well I called the doctor and he called in a prescription for an epi-pen for her to carry with her now. He said that it is a serious reaction when she says her mouth is burning and that if she accidentally eats nuts again, I have to use the pen. I'm not looking forward to ever having to use it, but I'm sure that the day will eventually come.

After the nut fiasco, we piled in the car and went to Aurora to meet my brother and sister-in-law and go trick or treating with my kids and my niece, Hailey. Shannyn was a butterfly, Leo was a caterpillar, and I was a bug catcher. We had a lot of fun and I will get some pictures posted soon!

I am doing much better since my slump a few weeks ago. I have great friends up here and great family that is just a phone call away to help me pick up again.

No comments: