Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas! (a little late)

Merry Christmas all! Also, Happy 2009!

I can't believe how fast the last part of 2008 went. But now it's a new year and with that comes the standard resolutions and hopes for better things than last year brought.

We had a great Christmas with my brother and Carrie and Hailey in Grand Junction. We took the train over and back. It was a lot of fun but a really long ride. I was just glad that I didn't have to deal with traffic or weather or fighting kids in the back seat. We'll probably do it again but not for a while! I got a ton of pictures at Christmas and will be posting a slide show soon so keep your eyes open!!!!

Last night we spent New Year's Eve with a bunch of my friends from college. We had a lot of fun and did the obligatory toast at midnight (I was drinking sparkling juice instead of champagne of course!) Shannyn crashed out long before 12 but my little stinker, Leo didn't fall asleep until we were in the car and on the way home around 1:30. Luckily they both slept in till after 10 this morning.

Kari and IJ will be here tomorrow to celebrate Christmas again with us. I'm really excited to see the kids open their gifts! I know that Leo is getting a trike and Shannyn is getting a Princess bicycle! I can't wait to see their little faces when they open their presents! It will be a lot of fun. I guess I need to get Bryan's old bike down from the hooks in the garage and get it fixed up so we can all go for bike rides this summer.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday this year and I wish you all the best for 2009!

2 comments:

James said...

How'd Christmas part 2 go?

Julie said...

Hi Sarah!
i didn't realize you had a blog! That's great. Such cute kiddos. Come see mine sometime at mjcandfam.blogpot.com. See you soon!
Julie Christiansen